What is the Accord?
We’ve done a lot in the short life of the Diversity Agenda, but we all need to do more to drive real behavioural change.
The Diversity Agenda Accord is the next step and a key tool to achieving this change, with the personal responsibility from CEs and business owners of Diversity Agenda members to be held publicly accountable for achieving truly diverse industries.
What does the Accord say?
Diversity Agenda Accord
Engineers and architects create the world around us.
Our work is behind every major human advancement since the beginning of time, and makes peoples’ lives better, healthier and more connected. We want engineers and architects to represent everyone, so the world they create is as diverse and inspiring as the people in it.
That’s why we’re committed to making our industries in New Zealand inclusive for all. Whether in the front line or a supporting role, everyone has the right to feel they belong – where they are safe, supported and valued. Anything less will not reflect the communities we support.
Diverse and inclusive professions working for a diverse and inclusive nation.
LEADERS AND DECISION MAKERS ARE LEADING THE WAY.
- Awareness counts: we measure so we know how we are progressing.
- Behaviour matters: inclusion is at the centre of how we think, what we say and all we do.
- Courage catalyses: no one can be a bystander.
OUR PEOPLE INFLUENCE OUR DECISIONS AND DEVELOPMENTS.
- We create opportunities for our people to be involved in how we plan, design and take action.
- We actively seek our people’s input to shape what they need to belong.
- We implement changes that positively impact on all our people.
- We encourage creative and diverse thinking to help us and our industry embrace the changing world.
WE EXPECT FAIR AND INCLUSIVE TREATMENT FOR AND FROM EVERYONE, INCLUDING ALL ORGANISATIONS WE WORK WITH.
- We will close the gap on pay equity.
- We have zero tolerance for harassment and bullying, and will respond swiftly and appropriately to any allegation.
- We uncover and eliminate barriers to diversity and inclusion in our systems, practices and processes.
- We make sure our people feel safe in all places they work.
Te Whakaaetanga Kaupapa Kanorau
Ko tā ngā kaipūhanga me ngā kaihoahoa he waihanga i te ao huri noa i a tātou.
Ka noho ko ā tātou mahi hei tūāpapa mō ngā ahunga whakamua katoa o te ao tangata, nō tua whakarere anō, ā, hei whakapiki i te pai o te noho ēnei mahi, hei whakapūmau i te hauora, hei tūhonohono i te ao, mō te tangata. Ko tō mātou hiahia ia kia noho te hunga kaipūhanga, kaihoahoa hei kanohi mō te katoa, kia arowhānui kē te ao ka hangaia e rātou, kia ōrite te kanorau, te ihi me te wehi, ki tō te hunga o roto.
Koia mātou ka piripono nei ki te kawe kē i tō tātou ahumahi o Aotearoa kia whai wāhi ai te katoa. Ahakoa kei mua, kei ngā kapa tautoko i muri rānei, he tika kia mōhio te katoa he tangata tūturu rātou - e noho haumaru ana, e tautokona ana, e whakanuia ana hoki. Ahakoa he aha ngā mea o raro e kore pea e whakaata i ngā hapori e tautokona nei e mātou.
TŌ MĀTOU PIRIPONO
He umanga kanorau, wātea ki te katoa hoki, e mahi ana mō tētahi whenua kanorau, wātea hoki ki te katoa.he umanga kanorau, wātea ki te katoa hoki, e mahi ana mō tētahi whenua kanorau, wātea hoki ki te katoa.
KO NGĀ KAIHAUTŪ ME NGĀ KAIWHAKATAU TAKE KEI TE TOHU I TE HUARAHI.
- He mea nui kia mārama: ka āta ine tātou kia mōhio tātou he pēhea tō tātou ahunga whakamua.
- He mea nui te whanonga: me noho anō te wāteatanga ki te katoa hei pou mātāmua mō te whakaaro, mō ā tātou kōrero me ā tātou mahi.
- He pūtake te māia mō te kōkiri mahi: kaua tētahi e tū ki tahaki.
KO Ā TĀTOU TĀNGATA TONU KEI TE KAWE KĒ I Ā TĀTOU WHAKATAU ME Ā TĀTOU WHANAKETANGA.
- Ka hanga tātou i ngā whāinga wāhi mō ō tātou tāngata kia uru mai ki ā tātou mahi whakamahere, mahi hoahoa, me te kōkiri mahi i muri.
- Ka mahi nui mātou kia tukua mai e te tangata ōna whakaaro kia hoahoatia ngā tikanga e noho ai rātou hei tangata tūturu.
- Ka whakatinana mātou i ngā huringa ka tino pā ki ō tātou tāngata katoa.
- Ka akiaki tātou i te whakaaro auaha, kanorau hoki hei āwhina i a tātou me tō tātou ahumahi kia anga atu i te ao e hurihuri nei.
KA TŪMANAKO TĀTOU KIA KITE I NGĀ MAHI TŌTIKA, WĀTEA KI TE KATOA MĀ NGĀ TĀNGATA KATOA, NĀ TE KATOA, TAE ATU KI NGĀ RŌPŪ E MAHI TAHI NEI TĀTOU.
- Ka raupinetia e tātou te āputa o te utu i te tāne me te wahine.
- Korekore rawa tātou e whakaae ki te whakatīwheta ki te whakaweti rānei, ā, ka tere tonu, ka tika tonu hoki tō tātou urupare ki ngā whakapae katoa.
- Ka huraina ka whakakorea hoki e tātou ngā maioro ki te kanorau me te whāinga wāhi ki ō tātou pūnaha, ki ā tātou ritenga mahi, tukanga hoki.
- Ka mahi nui tātou kia noho haumaru ō tātou tāngata i ngā wāhi katoa e mahi nei rātou.
How does it work?
The Diversity Agenda Accord defines a clear set of tenets for firms to commit to, with the submission of a yearly report on how they have adhered to them together with the compulsory completion of a survey to back up the report with data.
We use a peer accountability model to make sure organisations are complying, and have the right to remove Accord status from firms who do not maintain the requirements they’ve signed up for.