Join The Movement.
Why the Diversity Agenda?
The engineering and architecture professions need to do better to truly represent the diversity of New Zealand.
Not just because of the social justice reasons (although that should be the only reason needed), but because to truly be the best, we need diversity of thoughts and ideas to keep our industries moving forward. And you won’t get that creative richness, if everyone looks the same and has the same experiences, as there’s a good chance they’ll all end up with the same answer.
By joining, your organisation will benefit from:
Information to help expand your own knowledge or to use as a tool to educate others.
- Relevant content on our social media channels
- Interesting and informative articles on our website
- Showcases of best practice from case studies and interviews
- Informative and productive talks and events
- Engaging, useful newsletters
Empowering you to become more diverse and inclusive through practical measures
- Events to help you achieve your goals ie ‘How to embrace the LGBTI+ community in your workplace’, ‘Understanding your introvert and extrovert employees’, ‘Gaining and keeping workers from overseas’
- Webinars and interviews with businesses acing diversity and inclusion
- Members-only toolkit, including policies and programmes run by your peers
- Ability to connect with other members to learn ways to improve
It’s not all talk, so where’s the change we’re seeking to achieve?
- Held to account through the yearly Diversity Agenda survey to track industry progress
- Celebration and promotion of your actions through our website and social channels
4 good reasons why your organisation should join.
Information is power
We’ll give you statistics and tips to empower you to bring change to your organisation.
Learn from others
You’ll join a network of organisations from across the country who are all seeking the same goal. Let’s share our knowledge so we can all get there faster.
Make a commitment
Show your current and prospective employees that you mean business when it comes to being a diverse and inclusive organisation.
Be the change
We want our engineering and architecture professions here in New Zealand to show the world what can be achieved. Help us by helping yourself.
Become a member.
Join the Diversity Agenda and be the change we all want to see in our professions.
It’s free for individual engineering or architecture firms to join. It’s also free for organisations that work within the engineering and architecture professions.
If you’re an industry body or association, the cost of membership is $5,000 per year.
As a member, you’ll receive:
- Access to members only section of the website, including a toolkit of resources
- Your Diversity Champion’s details added to member directory so you can network and share contacts
- Change Maker certificate for your office
- Change Maker badge for website and print collateral use
- Invite to member-only workshops
- Invite to all events
- Our monthly newsletter, Dispatch
- Opportunity to sign the Diversity Agenda Accord
- Promotion of your people and diversity and inclusion programmes through our online articles
Sign the Accord.
The Diversity Agenda Accord is our flagship commitment.
All members of the Diversity Agenda gain the opportunity to commit to the Diversity Agenda Accord.
By becoming a signatory, you’re making the ultimate statement of intent, backed up with action.
Find out more about the Diversity Agenda Accord