The Diversity Agenda.
Born in April 2018 with an initial focus on achieving 20% more women by 2021, the Diversity Agenda aimed to dramatically improve the dire stats in engineering and architecture and create the kind of places where women wanted to work. Over the past 12 months, the focus has broadened to include all facets of diversity, and the equally important role that inclusion plays.
Firms across both engineering and architecture, and firms that work within these industries, are encouraged to sign up as members to show they’re serious about diversity and inclusion, and to benefit from access to our resources, events, tools and tips.
The Diversity Agenda has grown since inception to almost 100 organisations across the country and is held in high esteem within both industries as an initiative with integrity and purpose.
The Diversity Agenda is a joint initiative from
Engineering New Zealand is a non-profit membership organisation that promotes the integrity and interests of its 22,000 members and the wider engineering profession.
The New Zealand Institute of Architects has around 4,000 members made up of architects working in New Zealand and overseas, architecture students and graduates, teachers of architecture and retired architects.
ACE New Zealand is the consultant’s champion. A non-profit membership organisation elevating the voices, preparedness, and professionalism of consultancy firms working in the built and natural environment. With firms ranging from large global firms to employee owned SMEs, ACE is the voice for professional services consulting and engineering in Aotearoa.
We’ve achieved a lot so far.
- We’ve had countless conversations up and down the country with firms and individuals about the benefit of the Diversity Agenda.
- We were a finalist in the ‘Emerging Diversity and Inclusion’ category at the Diversity Awards NZ 2019.
- We’ve recruited over 165 organisations and held over 30 events across the country.
- We were awarded ‘Best Diversity and Inclusion Initiative’ at the FIDIC International Federation of Consulting Engineers Excellence Awards 2019 in Mexico City.
- We’ve published over 50 articles including interviews with industry leaders, profiles on individuals and programmes, reviews of workshops, and top tips to help businesses become more diverse and inclusive.