Terms & Conditions
By using this website, you are deemed to have read and agreed to the following terms and conditions. The Diversity Agenda website is developed and administered by Engineering New Zealand.
Privacy and confidentiality
Engineering New Zealand is subject to the Privacy Act 1993. We will only collect, use and store your information for a purpose connected with one of our functions as a professional body and regulatory authority. We may contact you using the information you provide us, but you can unsubscribe to our communications at any time.
Your personal information is confidential and will only be used for the purpose it was gathered or as legally required by the appropriate authorities. Engineering New Zealand will disclose or provide your personal information only to our employees, agents and permitted sub-contractors to the extent reasonably necessary for the purpose the information was gathered. You have the right to request copies of any personal information we hold about you. You may also request that information is corrected if it is inaccurate.
We will not sell or rent your personal information to any third party, or share it with anyone else without your permission.
Disclaimer and liability
Engineering New Zealand provides the Diversity Agenda website (this website) as a service to the public. Engineering New Zealand is not responsible for, and expressly disclaims all liability for, damages of any kind arising out of use, reference to, or reliance on any information contained within this website.
While Engineering New Zealand makes all reasonable efforts to ensure the accuracy of the information contained in this website, Engineering New Zealand does not guarantee that the information on this website is correct, complete and up-to-date. Engineering New Zealand does not accept any liability, direct or indirectly, for any loss or damage which may result from any advice, opinion, information contained on this website. You are solely responsible for the actions you take in reliance on the content on or accessed through this website.
Although the website may include links providing direct access to other internet resources, Engineering New Zealand is not responsible for the accuracy or content of information contained in these sites.
Links published on this website do not constitute an endorsement by Engineering New Zealand of the parties or their products or services. Product information is based solely on material received from suppliers. Views expressed in any article on this website are the views of the authors individually and do not necessarily reflect the view of Engineering New Zealand or its members.
Major credit/debit cards and direct credit are acceptable methods of payment. If you have been invoiced for payment, payment must be made within 30 days of the date of the invoice. We reserve the right to recover any debts which remain unpaid 90 days from the date of the invoice. In such circumstances, you will be liable for any and all additional administrative and/or court costs.
Unless otherwise stated, the services featured on this website are only available within New Zealand, or in relation to postings from New Zealand. You are solely responsible for evaluating the fitness for a particular purpose of any downloads, programs and text available through this site.
Although The Diversity Agenda makes all reasonable efforts to ensure this website runs smoothly, we do not warrant that the service from this website will be uninterrupted, timely or error free.
We do not monitor or review the content of other parties’ websites that are linked to from this website and we are not responsible for the privacy practices or content of those websites.
You should evaluate the security and trustworthiness of any other site connected to this website or accessed through this website yourself, before disclosing any information to them. We do not accept any responsibility for any loss or damage resulting from your disclosure of personal information to third parties.
All content published on this website is protected by copyright, and is owned, controlled by or licensed to Engineering New Zealand, or the party listed as the provider of the material.
Unauthorised copying, reproduction, republishing, reuploading, posting, transmitting or duplicating of any of the content is prohibited.
Engineering New Zealand and The Diversity Agenda logos and brand names are trade marks of Engineering New Zealand.
The Diversity Agenda has several different email addresses for different enquiries. These, and other contact information can be found on the Connect with Us information on the website.
Engineering New Zealand is registered in New Zealand as an Incorporated Society under the name the Institution of Professional Engineers New Zealand Incorporated (215416).
The laws of New Zealand govern these terms and conditions and any dispute arising from access to this website is subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the New Zealand courts.
If any of these terms and conditions are deemed invalid or unenforceable for any reason, then the invalid or unenforceable provision will be severed from these terms and the remaining terms will continue to apply.
Failure of The Diversity Agenda to enforce any of the provisions set out in these terms and conditions does not constitute waiver of their right to do so in the future.
The Diversity Agenda reserves the right to change these terms and conditions from time to time as it sees fit and your continued use of this website will signify your acceptance of any changes.If there are any changes in how we use our site customers’ personally identifiable information, notification by email or postal mail will be made to those affected by this change.
Change Maker benefits
- Recognition on the Diversity Agenda website as a Change Maker
- Opportunities to showcase your organisation as a leader in diversity and inclusion
- Permission to use the Diversity Agenda Change Maker badge on your website, promotional channels and printed collateral.
- A Diversity Agenda Change Maker Certificate
- Access to members only section of the Diversity Agenda website
- Contact details added to members only online directory
- Opportunity to become a signatory of the Diversity Agenda Accord
Obligations and Declaration
The Change Maker agrees:
- To publicly support the Diversity Agenda Tikanga and make a public commitment to our target of 20% more women in the engineering and architecture professions by 2021.
- To participate in our annual Diversity Agenda survey.
- To champion diversity and inclusion in your organisation and share successes.
- To talk boldly and loudly about the importance of diversity and inclusion in engineering and architecture.
The Change Maker also agrees that:
- It does not have any conflict of interest in relation to this event, and will advise the Diversity Agenda Steering Committee immediately should a conflict of interest arise or any other issue that could significantly impact on the campaign.
- It is not currently and will not during the period of and immediately after the campaign be knowingly involved in anything which could reasonably be foreseen as bringing any of the Diversity Agenda establishment organisations into disrepute.
Termination and dispute resolution
- Either party may terminate this Agreement by giving written notice to the other.
- Neither party will be liable to the other for any failure to perform its obligations under this Agreement where the failure is due to an extraordinary event that is beyond the reasonable control of the party immediately affected by the event.
- The parties will attempt to resolve any disputes regarding this Agreement directly with each other. If that does not result in resolution, the parties agree to resolve the dispute through mediation. An independent mediator will be appointed by mutual agreement.